SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) — The holidays are here, and to celebrate, several special events are being held around the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry.
From parades to Christmas tree contests and visits from Santa Claus, you won’t want to miss these fun opportunities to celebrate the season.
Enjoy the most wonderful time of the year! Check out these free events:
10th Annual Tybee Island Tour de Christmas Lights Parade
- Begins at A-J’s Dockside (1315 Chatham Ave) at 7 p.m. with spontaneous stops along the way
- Registration is from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Oyster roast, door prizes and a raffle drawing starts at 4:30 p.m.
- “Best of” judging begins at 6 p.m.
- All proceeds & donations benefit Rising TYde Community Food Pantry – the goal is $10000 for 10th year of the parade
A Colonial Christmas in Midway
- From 5 to 8 p.m. at Fort Morris State Historic Site (2559 Fort Morris Rd)
- Celebrate the holidays as it may have been done in the colonial period
- Interpreters and volunteers will fire Christmas Guns in historical attire, Christmas music will be sung, The Christmas Story will be told and a traditional Yule Log will be tossed into a bonfire. The night ends with festive colonial dancing!
SantaCon Holiday Pub Crawl in Savannah
Saturday from 12 to 9 p.m. in Savannah’s Historic District
- NOTE: This is FREE if you’re in costume (aka more than just a Santa hat). Santa’s are obviously welcome, but elves, snowmen, reindeer, etc. will be accepted
- Participants are asked to bring a toy valued around $15 to the crawl, unwrapped. Drop-offs at bar locations and given to Toys for Tots
- More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/136089873817739
Savannah Reindeer Run
- Begins at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center (Hutchinson Island)
- FREE kiddie race begins at 8:45 a.m.
- 8K for youth and adults begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Work of some of those holiday meals while joining the race/run against bullies
- Games and activities, a Kids’ Zone, costume and best holiday cookie contest will be available
- All proceeds support the Prevention Education Program at the Rape Crisis Center
- Info/registration here: https://www.rccsav.org/
Lights of Yemassee Inaugural Festival
- Head on over to the Yemassee Municipal Complex (101 Town Cir.) on Sunday at 5 p.m.
- Games, hot chocolate, story time and more!
- Pictures with Santa will be available ($10 each, $15 for 2, or packages)
Christmas Eve Dining on Tybee
- Support a variety of local restaurants open on Christmas Eve:
- Bernie’s Oyster House @ 13 Tybrisa Street (912-786-5100) – 12pm – 7pm
- Lighthouse Pizza North @ 1105 E. Highway 80 (912-786-9874) – 5pm – 10pm
- Lighthouse Pizza Downtown @ 15 Tybrisa Street (912-786-9874) – 12pm – 10pm
- North Beach Bar & Grill @ 33 Meddin Drive (912-786-4442) – 11:30am – 9pm
- The Rock House Original Bar @ 1518 Butler Avenue (912-786-7176) – 11am – 3am
- Wet Willie’s @ 16 Tybrisa Street @ 16 Tybrisa Street (912-786-5611) – 9am – 6pm
Did we miss a free event in your area? Just email us here and we’ll be sure to add it!