SAVANNAH, GA- America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia is collecting items to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
Savannah’s Second Harvest says that the Houston Food Bank came to their aid after Hurricane Matthew, and now they are returning the favor. The food bank is planning on packing two thousand boxes of food, with the help of volunteers, to deliver to the Houston Food Bank.
Here is the list of items Second Harvest is asking for:
- Jelly (plastic jars only please)
- Peanut Butter
- Boxes of Saltine crackers
- Boxes of granola and breakfast bars
- Canned fruit
- Canned meats such as tuna, chicken and ham
- Snack crackers (such as peanut butter or cheese)
- Baby wipes (regular size)
- Can openers (manual due to possibility of no electricity)
You can drop off items at any local Bank of America or at Second Harvest on President Street.