April Street home damaged in morning fire

Savannah (WSAV) – A fire damaged a home on April Street this morning.

Crews with Savannah Fire responded to the residence around 6:40AM. We’re told the fire started in the kitchen where the occupant was cooking. The blaze spread slightly into the attic area before officials were able to get it under control.

The victim was able to escape the home without injury.

The fire remains under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s