Georgia — (NBC News) Firefighters in Georgia were able to save a World War Two Veteran’s flag and medals from a devastating house fire.
Much of the home was charred by the flames; especially the mantle, where the American Flag from the homeowner’s grandfather’s funeral sat in a shadowbox – along with medals and other memories.
The family thought it had all been lost.
But- as soon as Firefighters got the flames under control, they rushed to get the priceless keepsakes out of the building.
The edges of the flag were already burning, but paramedics waiting outside were able to put it out in time.
The family says they are grateful to those Paramedics for going out of their way to help but they say they were just doing their job.