Preliminary findings show fire at Beaufort’s BCC accidental

The Black Chamber of Commerce building in Beaufort caught fire early Saturday morning.
The Black Chamber of Commerce building in Beaufort caught fire early Saturday morning.

Beaufort, SC (WSAV)- Investigators believe the November 12th fire at Beaufort’s new Black Chamber of Commerce building started accidentally.

This preliminary finding comes after four days of investigation.  Authorities tell News 3 the fire began between the first and second floors of the building, which was still under construction at the time. That section of the building is sealed, and it has no public access.

Multiple state agencies were involved in this investigation.

“Without our local, state, and Federal partners there is no way what was accomplished in 4 days could have occurred. I am very grateful for all the agencies responding and helping our agency” said Fire Chief Reece Bertholf.

As further investigations continue, sections of both Duke and Bladen Streets will remain closed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s