BEAUFORT, SC – Heads up parents, teachers and staff of Beaufort County School District, the schedule has changed again for the makeup schedule caused by Hurricane Matthew.
On Friday, November 4, the school board met for the third time and voted to return to their previous decision of making up those lost days from the storm by taking time out of the winter break instead of having the fall semester bleed over into January.
The board says this decision was made primary with high school students in mind.
“If a parent hears this today and they think were right where I was before they need to contact their schools principal see if they can work out problems. If they cannot work out with the principal then they should contact me,” Beaufort County Superintendent Jeff Moss said.
Here are the important dates you need to know:
- December 15: High School testing begins
- December 19 – 21: BCSD will operate on normal school days with December 22 working on a half-day schedule
- December 23 – January 2: Winter Break
- January 3: Teachers return
- January 4: Students return