HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC (WSAV) – Access will be granted to the public for re-entry to Hilton Head Island.
There may be restricted access to certain areas by the Planned Unit Developments (PUD’s) because of significant damage and safety concerns. Those who live in PUD’s are encouraged by the Town to check each individual development’s sit for specifics on re-entry instructions and possible restricted area.
It may be difficult to access you home, receive utility services and gather basic supplies, so please keep that in mind.
Outdoor burning of yard debris is banned until further notice due to the lack of water services in many areas of the Island. A debris management plan will be announced soon
The Hilton Head Island Airport will be open for the general and commercial aviation at 3 p.m.
For Sea Pines, according to CSA officials, please be advised of the following: “For the safety of our property owners access restrictions have been established for the Sea Pines Community effective Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 at 3:00 PM.
- To enter Sea Pines beginning at 3:00 PM today Oct 11th, 2016: You must have your Sea Pines property owner ID Card, show a driver’s license with a Sea Pines address and or be in a vehicle with an approved Sea Pines property owner decal.
- The Ocean Gate is currently closed until further notice; you must access Sea Pines through the Greenwood Gate Only.
- You are asked to go straight to your property. Do not explore the community as conditions are not safe.
- Road restrictions and closures will be in place for the safety of our property owners.
- The debris recycling facility in Sea Pines is closed until further notice, you or your contractor may not bring debris to this location at this time.
- Property owners must keep their landscaping storm debris on their property or remove it from Sea Pines. Dumping in neighborhood debris locations is not permitted at this time if you are caught moving debris from your property to any other location in Sea Pines you will be cited. We hope to update this restriction soon.
- Parking in Sea Pines: There is no parking on roadways; you cannot block roadways at any time as emergency vehicles and debris removal services must have access. At this time, there is not road frontage parking in many areas of the Sea Pines community.
- At this time, we urge you not to come into Sea Pines. If you have alternatives of any kind please utilize those.
Restrictions are placed to ensure the safety and well-being of all the property owners of Sea Pines.
For Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort – Due to the severity of the damage and the safety concerns for their residents and workers, access to the Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort (133 Arrow Road) will be restricted until further notice.