BEAUFORT, Sc. (WSAV) – If you’re looking to dispose of debris post Matthew the Beaufort County Convenience Centers that are operational will be open Wednesday, Oct. 12 from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The following Beaufort County Convenience Centers will open tomorrow from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Bluffton Convenience Center, 104 Simmonsville Road
- Lobeco Convenience Center, 6 Keans Neck Road
- Pritchardville Convenience Center, 270 Gibbet Road
- Shanklin Convenience Center, 80 Shanklin Road
- Helena Convenience Center, 639 Sea Island Parkway
The county is asking for residents to exercise patience.
The Convenience Centers will only be accepting bagged, household garbage (Class 3).
Debris caused by Hurricane Matthew is eligible for collection from residences. Private property owners are responsible for moving debris material to the right of way/ curb and should be careful not to block fire hydrants or other electrical or phone service boxes, as covering these fixtures will likely cause damage and slow recovery efforts.
You are not allowed to bring Class 1 (yard debris) or Class 2 (construction debris) storm debris to the Convenience Centers right now.
The County will inform you when those materials will be collected again. They encourage separating Class 1 and 2 debris into piles and leaving it on the right of way/curb at their home.
- Class 1 debris includes tree limbs, leaves and tree logs cut into sections.
- Class 2 debris includes building materials, drywall, lumber, carpet, furniture, mattresses, and plumbing items
Beaufort County and its municipalities (with the exception of private communities) will provide this service at no cost in unincorporated areas.
Residents should be aware of contractors trying to charge for debris removal services.
Residents who subscribe to a waste provider for curbside collection should contact their provider for information as to when curbside collections will resume.
Additional information can be obtained by calling the Solid Waste and Recycling Office the Beaufort County Public Works Department for more information at 843-255-2736 or by clicking here.