CHATHAM COUNTY, Ga. – Chatham County Emergency Officials held a press conference Saturday afternoon on how they are proceeding with the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew.
- There is still a 7pm to 7am curfew in place for Chatham County.
- Around 140 thousand residents are without power, around two thirds of the Chatham County.
- Officials are asking everyone to stay off the streets.
- Two confirmed deaths have been reported from the storm, one on Isle of Hope, the other on Wilmington Island
- A State of Emergency is still in place
- The State did fly over to assess road blockages so they can prioritize which areas need to be cleared first to make way for power restoration.
- Announcements about when residents can return will come Sunday morning.
- The school board says offices will be closed until at least Tuesday.
For more information on re-entry, please call 912.644.8811. This will only be a hotline for re-entry information. They will NOT provide storm information, damage reports, or other disaster information.
Chatham County and the City of Savannah will be holding another news conference on Sunday, October 9 at 10 a.m.. We will be live streaming it both on air and online.
Hurricane Matthew Viewer Pics
Hurricane Matthew Viewer Pics x