SAVANNAH, Ga. – Hurricane Matthew is headed for the Coastal Empire and Low Country this weekend.
If you are evacuating here are some things that should be in your car:
- Clothes for at least three to five days
- A full tank of gas
- Cash, preferably in smaller bills
- Non-perishable foods
- Cooler to store perishable foods, medications, and baby formula
- Cages, foods and toys for pets
- Toys for kids
- Chargers for phones, laptops and tablets
- Important documents like passports, visas, insurance cards, etc.
Also, let family members know where you are going and the route to get there. Finally allow plenty of time to your destination.