SAVANNAH, Ga. – The Savannah Municipal building on Broughton Street is back open after strange smell prompted its evacuation Wednesday morning.
The building was closed for several hours while emergency crews searched for the source of the smell.
Savannah Firefighters went floor by floor and eventually found that the smell was caused by improper use of cleaning supplies.
Fumes from the supplies spread through the air conditioning system.
A few streets were closed during the investigation, but are back open now. Savannah Fire officials say no one needed treatment for exposure.