Cat rescued from Southside garage fire, motorcycle destroyed

SAVANNAH, Ga. – A cat was rescued from a Southside garage fire Thursday morning.

Southside Fire crews responded to the blaze on Cherry Laural Lane around 9:30am.

The garage was fully engulfed when they arrived.  The motorcycle inside the garage was destroyed, along with other possessions, and a BMW just outside the garage was damaged.  Firefighters were able to put out the fire before it spread to the rest of the house, but it did sustain some water damage.

Firefighters were also able to rescue and resuscitate a cat that was in the garage.  it was taken to a local animal shelter where it’s expected to recover.

Officials say the homeowner told them the fire began in an area where multiple power strips were plugged in.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s