SAVANNAH, Ga. – SCCPSS Officials say Myers Middle School was evacuated Monday Afternoon after a HVAC malfunction filled several classrooms with smoke.
It happened around 2:00pm. Students were evacuated in a safe and orderly manner.
They remained on the school grounds while Campus Police and maintenance crews investigated.
The all clear came a short time later.
Student bus riders were loaded onto to buses and could be a few minutes early returning home.
All other students will be dismissed from the school’s gymnasium at regular dismissal time.