Things are back to normal at Islands High School on Wednesday morning after students were evacuated to Coastal Middle School.
This came after cafeteria workers reported the smell of gas in the cafeteria earlier this morning.
Southside Fire, Campus Police and Savannah-Chatham County Public School System Maintenance Crews investigated the school grounds and determined there was no actual gas leak.
The Islands High School Principal says the gas-like odor was coming from heavy equipment located in the old gym, which is adjacent to the cafeteria.
According to SCCPSS Public Information Manager, Sheila Blanco, all students are safe and accounted for.