Lady’s Island Fire Fighters responded to a house fire in the 900 block of Sams Point Road around 8:15 pm.
The house was fully engulfed when they arrived. They were able to put out the blaze but not before the home was destroyed.
Officials say the home owner, an elderly woman and another woman were trying to refill a kerosine heater when the liquid accidentally spilled the container on the heater, the floor, and on the women. The owner’s pants leg caught fire and she ran for the door.
She was treated on scene for minor cuts and burns to her hands and le g but was taken to the hospital by a neighbor.