According to Walthourville Police Chief Bernie Quaterman, Walthourville when officers arrived shortly before 1 a.m., the mobile home was fully engulfed.
The occupant, identified as Nadene Furgerson, was able to make it outside of the residence safely and will be staying with a friend until Red Cross provides assistance later in the day Saturday.
Furgerson told emergency responders she had fallen asleep and was awoken by the smell of smoke, when she went to investigate she discovered the kitchen was on fire.
The Walthourville Volunteer Fire and Rescue department along with a unit from the Hinesville Fire Department and Liberty County Fire Station 15 were able to extinguish the flames within a few minutes.
No one was injured.