Help will soon be available for those struggling to pay their heating bills. Tuesday, December 1, 2015, the Economic Opportunity Authority of Savannah (EOA) will open its Energy Assistance Program for low-income seniors 65 and older and homebound neighbors in Chatham County.
Applicants will be served on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at 9 a.m. at 618 West Anderson Street. New federal regulations require all households to present both gas and electric bills during the application process.
The following documents are required:
1. Written proof of the total household income for the last 30 days.
2. Social Security Numbers (cards) for ALL household members.
3. Most recent heating bill and electricity bill, regardless of heating source.
4. Authorization statement if someone else is applying for you.
(The name of the person authorized to apply for you must be included in the note, along with your signature.)
5. Homebound applicants must provide medical documentation.
For more information, call: (912) 238-2960.