Golf Tournament Scheduled to benefit American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- Tee-off Fore TA-TAS golf tournament Presented by Members First Credit Union to benefit the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Savannah
- 18 hole scramble tournament
- Friday November 20th
- 11:30 AM check in
- 1:00 PM shot gun start
- Bacon Park Golf Course
- Limited to 100 golfers
- Register by calling 912.355.5196 or email SavannahGAStrides@cancer.org
- $75/player or $250/foursome
- Registration fee includes: golf, barbeque lunch, t-shirt, cart fees and range balls
INTERVIEW & VISUAL OPPS:
Interviews will be available with cancer survivors, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer participants, and local American Cancer Society staff and volunteers
Amy Riesinger, Sr. Market Manager, 912.660.2694 or Tory Culpepper, Event Manager, 770-891-8122
In 2015 more than 1200 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer participants have raised over $80,000 in Coastal Georgia for the American Cancer Society to invest in groundbreaking research; provide free, comprehensive information and support to those touched by breast cancer; and help people take steps to reduce their breast cancer risk or find it early when it’s most treatable.
According to the American Cancer Society Cancer Facts & Figures 2015, an estimated 231,840 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 40,290 will die from the disease this year.
Since 1993, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer has been the American Cancer Society’s rallying cry to build awareness and generate funds to fight breast cancer. In that time, 10 million walkers in nearly 300 communities across the nation have collected over $594 million.