Lightning Strike Sparks House Fire

A  lightning strike is being blamed for an electrical fire that displaced a Savannah family.   It happened Thursday evening at 118 Sugar Mill Drive.

Investigators say lightning struck a nearby tree, the current traveled underground then caused an electrical box to catch fire in the home.    The home sustained major damage and the Red Cross is providing financial assistance to two adults who lived there.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s