WSAV NEWS QUIZ WATCH AND WIN GAME
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. The WSAV News Quiz Watch & Win Game (the “Game”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WSAV-TV (“WSAV”). The geographic scope of this promotion includes only selected counties in Georgia and South Carolina.
3. Game is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules. Limit one (1) entry per person per day regardless of method of entry. Limit one (1) prize per household. “Household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
4. Promotion begins on February 1, 2011 and ends on December 31, 2013. Entry deadline to enter any Daily Game is the preceding day at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawings to determine Daily Contestants will be held each week day prior to WSAV's First News @5. The WSAV News Quiz will take place each weekday 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. WSAV's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Game promotion
5. As of the date of entry, all participants must be eighteen (18) years old and legal residents of either (a) the following South Carolina counties: Beaufort, Jasper, or Hampton or (b) the following Georgia counties: Screven, Effingham, Chatham, Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Long, Liberty, Tattnall, Toombs, Montgomery, Jeff Davis, Bacon, Appling, Wayne, or McIntosh.
6. Employees of WSAV and of the affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, prize suppliers, franchisees, advertisers, promoters, and agents of any of these, and the immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) of the employees of any of these, are not eligible to enter or win. In addition, if you are employed by, or a member of the immediate family of an employee of, a Daily Prize Supplier or Co-Sponsor (if any, as may be announced), you are not eligible to participate in that specific Daily Game.
7. Daily Prizes: Cash in the amount of at least $53 and up to $2,120, depending on how many times the daily prize has rolled over, if any. See below.
8. The odds of winning any particular daily prize depend on the number of entries received prior to the Daily Game.
9. All details of all prizes shall be at WSAV's sole discretion. Winners assume sole responsibility for all costs associated with the prizes not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any).
10. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold or bartered or auctioned. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except that WSAV in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
11. Any portion of any prize not used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. All prizes being offered are provided (“as is”) with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsors. Merchandise prizes carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturers. Sponsors have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
12. Entries will be accepted beginning February 1, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. and ending December 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (“Entry Period”). Each week day during the Entry Period, a minimum daily prize of $53.00 will be available. This number is subject to increase depending on the amount of cash that has rolled over from the previous day(s) since last verified winner (if any) was selected. The Game consists of two steps:
13. STEP ONE: ENTER: First, you must submit an entry form during the Entry Period in accordance with the deadlines described below. You are limited to one (1) entry form per person per day, regardless of the method of entry. There are three ways to submit your entry form:
b. Mail-In: To enter via U.S. mail, legibly hand-print or type a postcard with the following required information: (i) name, (ii) address, (iii) telephone number where you can be reached from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., on weekdays, (iv) e-mail address, and (v) confirmation that you are over the age of eighteen (18). Affix sufficient postage and mail to “WSAV News Quiz Watch & Win Game”, 1430 East Victory Drive, Savannah, Georgia 31404. Limit one (1) entry per outer mail envelope. No group submissions will be accepted.
c. Drop-off: To enter in person, legibly hand-print or type a postcard with the following required information: (i) name, (ii) address, (iii) telephone number where you can be reached from 5:00 p.m.
to 6:00 p.m., on weekdays, (iv) e-mail address, and (v) confirmation that you are over the age of eighteen (18). Drop off your completed entry form at WSAV during regular business hours at 1430 East Victory Drive, Savannah, Georgia 31404. Limit one (1) entry per person per drop-off. No group submissions will be accepted.
14. Limit one (1) per entry per person per day, regardless of method of entry. To be eligible to be selected as Daily Contestant on a particular day, all entries must be received by WSAV no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the preceding day. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WSAV. WSAV will not accept screen shots or photocopies as proof of entry. Entrants who fail to provide the required information will not be eligible to win and will not be notified by WSAV. WSAV is not responsible for, and entrants assume all risk of, entries that are lost, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, not legible, if they contain errors or if for any reason they are not received by WSAV prior to the stated deadline, and all such entries are void. All Entry Forms become the property of WSAV and will not be returned or acknowledged.
15. STEP TWO: WATCH WSAV FIRST NEWS @5: Once you have submitted your Entry Form, watch First News @5, Monday – Friday, at 5:00 p.m. ET WSAV Channel 3 during the Entry Period for the Daily Game. Prior to First News @5 each weekday during the Entry Period, starting on February 7, 2011 and ending on March 31, 2014, WSAV will randomly select two (2) names from all timely entries received, who will be that day's Daily Contestant and Alternate Contestant. The Daily Question will be based on a news story presented in that day's First News @5 . Each day during First News @5, the Host will announce the current daily prize value, which will be the combined amount of that day's $53.00 daily prize plus the cash that has accumulated in the current prize pool as a result of the prize money that has “rolled over” since the last time that a verified daily winner (if any) was selected. The Host then will attempt to call the Daily Contestant using the telephone number provided on his/her entry form. If your name is selected and you are called by the Host, you will be asked the Daily Question. In the event the Entrant is not present at the time of the call, any member of the Household eighteen years or older meeting all eligibility requirements herein may serve as the Daily Contestant. Subject to verification of eligibility, if the Daily Contestant tells the Host the correct answer on his/her first attempt and within five (5) seconds, the Daily Contestant will be declared that day's winner. The Host will allow the phone to ring four (4) times before disconnecting. If the call is answered by an answering machine, the Host will disconnect. In the event of disconnection, for any reason, or if the Daily Contestant is not declared that day's winner (see below), the Host will repeat the process with the Alternate Contestant's telephone number during WSAV News 3 at 530.
16. In the event that you are either declared a winner or determined to be ineligible for any reason, your name will be removed from the entry pool and you will no longer be eligible to play. If your name is selected but you are not declared a winner for any reason other than ineligibility, your name will remain in the entry pool and you will continue to be eligible to potentially play and win a prize.
17. If there is no winner on any given day, the accumulated prize amount will roll-over into the daily prize available for the next day. The daily prize value will continue to increase in this manner until the next verified winner (if any) is selected or until the Game has ended on December 31, 2013. If no winner is selected before the Game ends on December 31, 2013, any remaining daily prize amounts will not be awarded. No Daily Games will take place (and therefore the daily prize value will not increase) on any day(s) that First News @5 or News at 530 does not air for any reason. It is possible that the Game will end without any winner being declared and without any prize being awarded.
18. Prize winners (if any) may be verified over the telephone immediately following the Daily Game and may be asked to provide WSAV with valid identification and execute an affidavit of eligibility and, where legal, a publicity release. Acceptable identification includes a valid driver's license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. Winners may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms and a release supplied by WSAV which, among other disclaimers, releases WSAV and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to the Game and the receipt and use of the prize. Upon verification of eligibility, the names of winners may be posted on the WSAV's website at http://www.wsav.com. Prizes will be mailed to verified winners via U.S. mail.
19. In the event that any potential winner (a) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (b) declines to accept the prize, (c) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WSAV may in its discretion disqualify that individual and that person will be disqualified and forfeit any claim to the prize. In that event, no alternate winner will be selected and the amount of the disqualified winner's potential daily prize will be rolled into the next Daily Game, if any.
20. By accepting a prize, winners agree to award WSAV the right to publicize their names, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on WSAV's web page), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail address, voices and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
21. Entrants agree that Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WSAV-TV, Daily Prize Suppliers or Co-Sponsors (if any), and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for Entries that for any reason are not received by WSAV by the deadlines stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Game or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Game, or in the announcement of the prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Game, or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Game; (e) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Game, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Game-related materials; (f) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (g) are not responsible for the inability to select Daily Contestants or winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (h) are released from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable
attorneys' fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from participating in the Game (in whole or in part), the use (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Game, and the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize.
22. MEDIA GENERAL OPERATIONS, INC. D/B/A WSAV-TV, DAILY PRIZE SUPPLIERS OR CO-SPONSORS (IF ANY), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE GAME OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE GAME OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE GAME. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL.
23. BY ENTERING THE GAME AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, REDEMPTION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE GAME, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.
24. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
25. All federal, state and local laws apply. WSAV shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winners, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules.
26. WSAV reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Game or any part of the Game should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Game as determined by WSAV in its sole discretion, at which event, no further prizes will be awarded.
27. WSAV reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Game if, at its sole discretion, WSAV finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner WSAV determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Game in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, by using an automated device or by using more than one e-mail address or by any other method. Any failure by the WSAV to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
28. All activity arising out of and relating to the Game is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with WSAV concerning verification and/or auditing. All references to an entrant's status as a “winner” are subject to verification and/or auditing by WSAV. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by WSAV in its sole discretion, WSAV reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and remove the entry from the Game at any time.
29. WSAV reserves the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any game-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WSAV reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
30. By entering the Game, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Game, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Game but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
31. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and WSAV in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of
Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. Any legal proceedings arising out of the Game or relating to these rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Georgia, County of Chatham and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
WINNERS' LIST/OFFICIAL RULES COPY
32. For a final list of winners or a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.wsav.com or mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to: “WSAV News Quiz Watch & Win Game”, 1430 East Victory Drive, Savannah, Georgia 31404, specifying “Winners' List” or “Official Rules Request”. Final Winners' List will be available after December 31, 2013.
WSAV NEWS QUIZ WATCH AND WIN GAME